REVOLUTIONARY CYANOACRYLATE BIO-GLUE TREATMENT IN LONDON
Cyanoacrylate Bio-Glue treatment is a minimally invasive procedure that entails the use of a medical adhesive to seal defective veins caused by conditions such as venous reflux disease. Veins become damaged due to poor circulation of blood from the legs to the heart, causing the valves to stop working and blood to flow in the opposite direction. Blood will then pool in the vein, which then bulges and becomes visible on the skin surface.
The “bio-glue” polymerises during the treatment, causing the veins to occlude and eventually heal via fibrosis. As a result, the body finds a way to reroute the blood flow using healthy veins. Also known as VenaSeal closure, the procedure has been reported to have exceptional results in the treatment of varicose veins. The success can be attributed to the fact that it’s non-tumescent, non-thermal, and doesn’t call for support stockings after treatment.
Effective Treatment with Only Local Anaesthesia
Effective Treatment with Only Local AnaesthesiaAt our leading-edge clinic, an ultrasound examination of the leg will be conducted so that the doctors can take informed steps during the procedure. An ultrasound probe will still be used during the treatment procedure to guide the cosmetic surgeons – who will also rely on their own senses to feel the catheter as it navigates into the vein, from start to finish.
First, a single small dose of local anaesthesia is injected directly into the varicose vein, unlike the case with other treatment methods, which usually require large volumes of anaesthesia. A small catheter attached to the VenaSeal glue gun is then inserted into the vein, and the adhesive is carefully administered. Finally, the cosmetic surgeon exerts some pressure to help seal the vein as the glue is being released into it. VenaSeal closure may be performed on the same day as other procedures like sclerotherapy to expedite the quick journey to full recovery.
There may be some pain or discomfort after the anaesthesia wears off, and the doctor will prescribe some Ibuprofen or Paracetamol to be taken when necessary. A few walks a couple of times a day are encouraged, and you should not sit or stand for prolonged periods in the first few weeks after the procedure. The improvement can be seen right away, and over the 6 to 12 months, the vein will be absorbed into the body and eventually disappear.
Why Choose Cyanoacrylate Bio-Glue Treatment at Our Clinic?
There are a wide range of reasons why you should trust our clinic for Cyanoacrylate Bio-Glue Treatment over other vein treatment procedures. They include:
- Faster and long-lasting results in a safer way since no veins are removed in the process.
- Fewer needle sticks are used in the procedure, and so, the risk of significant bruising and nerve damage is averted.
- A pain-free non-tumescent procedure that allows you to get back to a normal routine post-treatment.
- Compression stockings are not worn in postoperative care, saving you a handsome sum and discomfort associated with wearing the socks for prolonged periods. Compression stockings are not ideal for some lifestyles, making VenaSeal closure a better fit.
- No downtime and a quicker recovery with fewer side effects.
- Relief from physical and mental discomfort caused by the painful, itchy, and irritatingly visible varicose veins.